Hello, today we are going to explain you some tips and tricks for Google searches. As you know, nowadays most people use Google in their everyday lives. Now Google has plenty of tricks that will improve your search to get the best and fastest results. So in this article, we’re going to tell you the top 10 Google search tips and tricks.
Table of Contents
10 Effective Google Search Tips and Tricks
In this Tips and Tricks are you can easily search things on Google, which makes your work faster and increases your productivity.
1.View the recently uploaded content on the internet
Let’s say you search for some topic on the internet, and you get all these websites based on your search. Now, how do you find the latest content for the topic we searched for?
- First, let’s open a new tab and search for the topic you want.
- Search for the keyword C++ Programming, and we have all these websites based on our search.
- Now review the latest content by clicking the tools below on the search bar. Then click here and select the time period you want to view, or you can search using a custom date range by clicking here.
- For example, if we select past hours, this is the content uploaded to Google in the past hours.
- So this is how you can view the recently uploaded content on the internet.
2.Add a shortcut for YouTube on Google
When you type and search for anything you want, it’ll directly take you to YouTube. How can you do that? Where we see how you can add a shortcut for YouTube in the address bar.
- Go to the settings page on Google Chrome and click search engine, then click manage search engines.
- Click the add button, and you will get this pop-up now. There, you need to enter the name of the website.
- Add “YouTube” as a shortcut. So, enter that and then enter the shortcut “Y.”.
- So when you type “Y”. It will directly take you to YouTube. Next, you need to enter the YouTube link with the short code “search?q=%s” (ex., https://www.youtube.com/search?q=%s).
3.Add a search result page on the sidebar
- To add the sidebar, you’ll need to enable the sidebar option in Chrome. So let’s open a new tab, type “Chrome://flags” and then enter.
- Search for site search and enable side search and side search DSE support options. Once you’ve enabled it, click the Relaunch button.
- Now the side search will be added to check that. You can open a new tab, search for any topic you want, and then open any site.
- Now, if you want to open any other website, just click on the Google symbol on the bar. You can see that we have the search result page in the sidebar.
- Then you will also be able to search and view multiple websites on the same tab instead of opening multiple tabs.
4.Search for a specific file type on Google
Let’s say you’re searching for a particular file type on the internet. It can be any file, like a PDF, MP3, APK, etc. Now there’s an easy way to find the file type you want. We’ll give you an instruction step by step.
- Let’s say you want to find a PDF for any topic. All you need to do is enter the topic you want to search for and then type “Keyword + filetype:” (Ex. Creating a Website Online filetype:PDF) and then enter the type of file you want.
- You’ll get the results, and if we open any page, you can see that.
- We’re directly taken to the PDF file, in the same way you can search for any file type you want.
- Just enter the topic name and file type with “Keyword + filetype:” and enter the file type you want.
5.How do I find similar sites on Google Chrome?
- Let’s say you want to find websites similar to Amazon.com to do that. Let’s open a new tab and type Related:Amazon.com.”
- Next, press enter, and here you can see that we have different websites similar to Amazon.
- So, this is how you can find similar sites on Google Chrome?
6.Search for a specific word on that website
We will say search for a specific word on that website on the Google Chrome browser.” How can we do that?
- Let’s open the site on which you want to find a specific word. Now press Ctrl+F.
- Here, enter the word that you want to find in the search bar.
- You can enter any word on the search bar; you can see that the word we searched for is highlighted.
- You can click here to see all the times this word appears on this website.
7.How to find related images in Google?
- To find it, type “images.google.com” on the search bar and press enter, and it will take you to Google Images. Now you need to upload the image from your computer for which you want to find similar images.
- So to upload the image, click here. Click Upload File. Now select the image you want and click Open as soon as you can.
8.Find any product within a specific price range
- To find it, let’s go to your browser and find the product name in a specific price range. All you need to do is enter the product name.
- So next to the product name, we need to enter the price range. So let’s say you’re looking for something between $200 and $1000. You need to enter the range like “Product name: $200..$1000. Now if you click enter and click Navigation on Shopping,
- You can see that you have different products at a specific price range that we searched for.
9.How to use Google Lens?
Google Lens is a tool that is specifically built for finding the images you want. It can analyze specific objects in your image and then provide you with related images. So let’s see how to use it to do that first.
- Go to the Google Chrome browser and search for the image you want. If you right-click on the selected image, you can see that we have an option to search images with Google Lens.
- Click that, and it’ll take you to this page, and now the image is being viewed under Google Lens here. You can see that there are many things in this image.
- Let’s say you want to search for any images similar to this one. So just click on the image, and as you can see, you have different images. This is how Google Lens works; in the same way, you can find any images you want through Google Lens.
10. To search images by size
- Open a new tab and enter the image you want to search for. We are going to search for Apple iPhone and then type image size with size variation (Ex.Apple iPhone imagesize: 1200 x 720) next to it, and enter the image as you want.
- Select any image you want, and if you go here, you can see that we have the image size we entered. In the same way, you can find images in any size you want.
So that’s it. Now you know some exciting Google search tips and tricks from this article. We hope this article is useful to you in learning about online tips and tricks. Stay with us; we will update the tech related article regularly, and if you have any doubts, just leave a comment.
Read also Apps & Tools